Yuri Kubrushko is the Founder of IMEPOWER focusing on strategy and investment advisory practice. He has over 20 years of experience in strategy, investments, finance, market and regulatory advice with focus on the Ukrainian energy sector for private and public sector clients. He participated in structuring and financing of large infrastructure projects on electricity generation, transmission, distribution as well as gas production.
Dr. Kubrushko advised on more than 200 projects in the energy sector of Ukraine, including for such clients as AES Corporation, Axpo Trading, CEZ, Contour Global, EBRD, EDF, EDP Renewables, ENEL, Freepoint Commodities, IFC, Mitsubishi, RBS Sempra, Sumitomo, Wildhorse Energy, and the World Bank.
Yuri Kubrushko has Ph.D. degree in economics awarded by the Kyiv National Economic University.
• Provision of institutional support to the Parliament Fuel and Energy Sector Committee
• Advising IFC on improving bankability of the Ukrainian renewable energy sector
• Acting as expert witness on VIAC arbitration related to electricity export from Ukraine
• Advising on USD 25 million transaction concerning purchase of the Ukrainian gas producer
• Advising Wildhorse Energy on development of underground coal gasification projects
• Supporting electricity cross-border trading operations performed by the European commodity traders
• Preparing Ukraine’s energy sector studies for ENEL and CEZ
Supporting Mediation between Renewable Investors and the Government of Ukraine under Supervision of the Energy Community Secretariat
Preparation of 10-year Financial Model and Financial Recovery Plan of the Transmission System Operator
Assistance and legal support in preparation of the Draft Law (8449-D) and adoption of the Renewables Auction Law